Got this in an email from Geist, who must be overcaffeinated, as they emailed me twice today:
You’re invited to attend
The Art of the Personal Income Tax Return
WRITERS, ARTISTS and other FREELANCERS!
Join Vancouver’s Poet Laureate, Brad Cran (who is also an accountant), for a 3-hour tour of the personal income tax return.
In this session you will learn how to live the freelance life and still save for the future, as well as:
- * basic accounting lingo
- * the structure of the T1 income tax return
- * what you can write off
- * options for reporting income from grants
- * how to account for income from self-employment
- * to incorporate or not to incorporate
- * the difference between an RRSP and a TFSA
- * how to speak to an accountant, prepare your materials and lower your accounting bill
This workshop is for artists, designers, cultural freelancers and proprietors of small businesses.
Brad Cran is a writer, photographer and long-time contributing editor to Geist. Read his work on geist.com.
Register at this page on Geist.
Saturday, March 6, 2010
1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
1300 Robson Street
Workshop fee: $50 (includes a one-year subscription to Geist for yourself or a friend, or to donate to a Canadian public library) and remember, it’s tax deductible!
Pingback: The true art of the personal tax return « Ted Morrison Writes