Who: Us and the Siren of Howe Sound, Heather Haley
What: A night of multimedia delights celebrating the recent publication of Three Blocks West of Wonderland.
When: Monday, August 16, from 7pm-9pm
Where: The Shebeen, behind the Irish Heather, 212 Carrall Street
As always, $20 buys you dinner and a drink and some of the finest literary company this city has to offer. No RSVP is required, but it’s appreciated so we have a rough idea of whether we need to reserve the snug or to lay in crowd control! Click here to RSVP on Facebook.
Join us as we celebrate the release of Heather Haley’s latest book of poetry, Three Blocks West of Wonderland. Heather is both the digital AND actual troubadour of the West Coast, from Bowen Island to Venice Beach, and for the first time she’ll be bringing her multimedia performance experience to the Shebeen Club. There will be poetry. There will be prose. There will be beauty. There may be song. And there WILL be videopoems, a dynamic new genre that seems to have sprung fully formed from the forehead of the Siren of Howe Sound herself.
We’re very proud to help celebrate a pivotal local literatus’s latest launch! And that’s my allotment of “L’s” for the week right there.
Poet, author, musician and media artist Heather Haley pushes boundaries by creatively integrating disciplines, genres and media. Published in numerous journals and anthologies including Geist and The Verse Map of Vancouver, her poetry collections Sideways (Anvil Press) and Three Blocks West of Wonderland (Ekstasis Editions) have been described as “supple and unusual,” “brawny and uncompromising.”
Heather Haley POET AUTHOR MUSICIAN MEDIA ARTIST
* ONLINE: http://www.heatherhaley.com
* Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HeatherSusanHaley
* Twitter: http://twitter.com/HeatherHaley
* ON PAPER: Sideways,Three Blocks West of Wonderland http://www.ekstasiseditions.com
* ON DISC: Surfing Season and Princess Nut by AURAL Heather on RPW Records @ CD Baby, iTunes
* ON SCREEN: videopoems Dying for the Pleasure, Purple Lipstick, How To Remain
* ON STAGE: “Unique, sublime fusion of song and spoken word.”-ZULA Presents