Found this on LinkedIn, I think. Anyway, if I were sticking around I might apply for it but as I’m going to be traveling for the next year or so, it’s all yours. May the best External Communications Specialist win!
Requisition Number 13-1251 Post Date 10/17/2013 Close Date 11/1/2013 Title External Communications Specialist Employee Type Contract Employee Schedule Full-Time Job Category Communications City Vancouver Province BC Description External Communications Specialist
With exceptional listening and compassion skills, and the ability to translate Vancity’s Good Money™ brand promise to our members, you will have excellent writing skills and a solid understanding of content strategies. This will be complemented by three years of related experience and a specialized post-secondary diploma or degree in communications or a related field.
The External Communications Specialistreports directly into the Manager Communications (external).
Key areas of accountability for this role are:
- Research, write, edit, and provide recommendations to publish materials to enable the execution of communications plans.
- Assist the communications team in creating and maintaining content in internal and external Vancity channels.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for organization wide events and meetings.
- Assist in media monitoring, gathering and analyzing data to measure effectiveness of media plan and other communications plans.
Here at Vancity, we have a consistent set of expectations for all employees:
- Work effectively and with full commitment on the tasks assigned by your manager.
- Give your manager your best advice.
- Stay within policy.
- Solid business acumen in the context of the financial industry.
- Solid analytical skills to review information, detect anomalies, and investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Solid problem solving and decision making skills to apply specific standards and guidelines to the work; escalating unresolved issues to senior staff
- Solid knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques of the related field.
- Solid knowledge of Vancity strategies, functions and programs.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to act as a resource for the specialized area, providing specialized advice, guidance, explanations, and related support; and also to participate development of program content.
The competencies for this position would typically be acquired through a specialized post-secondary diploma in a communications discipline or general undergraduate degree.
2 to 3 years related experience.
Apply to This Job Send This Job to a Friend
We commit to creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace and to working with people and communities to help them thrive and prosper. Diversity is integral to this commitment. Our diversity allows us to fully understand, connect to, and respond to the needs of our members and communities.
Sound like a good fit? Put your outstanding skills to use with an organization that promotes work-life-balance, accountability-based leadership and member-led innovation that creates community impact. Apply online today!