Any politically-aware media addict Americans out there looking for a high-profile gig in journalism? This is it, my friends. Expect to work like a dog, and party like one too, when you drop the name Mediaite.
Mediaite is looking for an ambitious, energetic, newshound to cover the names, the brands, the gossip, the digerati of news, politics, and entertainment. This person will be one of our reporters and opinion writers.
You’ll be responsible for writing news stories using any and all of the tools of digital storytelling: Words, video, pictures, social interactions, book excerpts, you name it. In addition, for this position, you will be responsible for tapping into conservative media to see what is trending among right-leaning thinkers, and add your own thoughts via regular opinion pieces.
If you think you have what it takes and want to impact the news cycle then we want to talk to you.
- For this specific position, a conservative or right-leaning political bent is a major plus. We are looking for someone to be the counterpoint for our liberal opinion columnist.
- You should have a clear, concise, and in-depth knowledge of the world of news, politics and media, including online personalities, major cable and broadcast networks, leading columnists, and general thought-leaders.
- You should thrive under pressure, and excel when stress levels are at their highest.
- You should want to break news.
- You should have a clear understanding of how Twitter, user-generated content, and viral videos are shaping the news cycle.
- You should have strong news judgment and an eye for underreported content. Can you find the nugget of interest that no one else has discovered?
- You should have the ability to write an “objective” news article at one moment, and transition into writing an opinionated column the next.
The ability to work out of our New York offices is preferable, though a Washington, D.C. location would not be terrible (or would it?).
Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter explaining why you’re suited for the position. Please include links to articles you’ve written and edited.
Mediaite is the site for news, information and smart opinions about online, broadcast and print media and entertainment, offering original and immediate assessments of the latest news as it breaks.