Ignore the obvious copy-paste error in the first line unless you are a copy editor or Quality Assurance Coordinator, in which case you may wish to pitch them. This job is in Victoria, not something that can be done remotely.
Sales and Marketing Manager
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Coordinator for our Downtown Victoria office. We offer an attractive compensation package, including:
- Competitive wage
- Full training including job shadowing, ongoing job training, and cross training
- Extended medical and dental benefits
- Group RRSP with matching contributions
- Excellent opportunities for career development
The Manager of Sales & Marketing is responsible for developing a team of highly productive Publishing Consultants and Marketing Specialists who are able to meet and exceed revenue targets while promptly and professionally addressing the needs of customers. The Manager of Sales & Marketing is also required to generate and deliver sales initiatives, revenue growth and staff and client retention strategies. The Manager is further required to coach and mentor the Publishing Consultant team through motivation, leadership and encouragement while striving for exceptional customer service standards and accountability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of the Publishing Consultants team;
- Develop, implement and monitor detailed sales strategies and objectives;
- Ensure the provision of excellent customer service;
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and client retention levels;
- Contribute to the development, mplementation and execution FriesenPress’ business plans;
- Build and retain an effective team of Publishing Consultants with a strong positive culture;
- Lead, coach and motivate the team to achieve sales goals;
- Model and champion FriesenPress values and mission;
- Attain revenue expectations;
- Generate an annual sales and marketing strategic plan with specific and measurable tactics
- Set sales expectations for each of FriesenPress’ Publishing Consultants including customer service expectations and quota achievement;
- Manage the activities of Publishing Consultants and Marketing Specialists, measure their success and coach for constant improvement;
- Resolve customer concerns and complaints in a courteous, professional manner;
- Determine staffing requirements and oversee the hiring of staff;
- Create a safe working environment for the discussion and resolution of issues and concerns;
- Work in concert with other department and management team members to assure sales operations;
- Complete various sales reports as necessary;
- Conduct regular performance evaluations with each of your direct reports;
- Ensure the product portfolio evolves to respond to changing market conditions, customer needs as well as supporting FriesenPress’ goals and vision
- Oversee the planning and implementation of various marketing activities
- Find new ways to generate business opportunities for FriesenPress through advertising, sponsorships and partnerships
- Actively oversee the Google Adwords performance to full optimize
- Ensure that all staff comply with Company policies, procedures and ethical standards;
- Ensure compliance with FriesenPress standards for cost control, waste reduction, qualilty, safety and on-time delivery;
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development;
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- University degree in associated field;
- Minimum 5 years Sales and Marketing experience with a track record of proven results;
- Leadership experience with an emphasis on coaching for high performance, business planning, business process engineering and business development;
- Strong attention to detail, capacity to learn and accept additional responsibilities;
- A personal philosophy that embraces constant learning and solicitation of feedback from your manager, peers, employees, stakeholders and customers that promotes personal development;
- A desire to foster a company culture that values honesty, open communication, performance excellence, collaboration, innovation and constant learning.
- Exceptional presentation and writing skills and ability to convey a message that is clear, concise and relevant, linking business issues, financial results and strategy;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines;
- Highly proficient with PC business software including CRM, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Demonstrated experience with Zoho systems would be an asset;
- Prior book publishing knowledge would be an asset.
This role will have minimal travel requirements and is based out of our office in Downtown Victoria, B.C. If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!