Yes, looks like a paid gig (or I wouldn’t post it). Got this from Craigslist, via Twitter. EAT is very high-profile, and they do make money, so ask for some. The “Internship” is a red flag, but they do put a dollar down, so obviously they’re open to negotiation, depending on what you can do for them.
EAT Magazine is looking for a food blogger for our website to write about Victoria events and news. This would include attending new store and restaurant openings, winemaker dinners, following-up on press releases, assessing new product launches, finding industry news, being proactive and keeping an ear to the ground for what’s new.
The right person will have:
• A strong network of contacts within the Victoria food, hospitality and restaurant scene
• Good writing skills
• Flexible hours (many events happen at night and on weekends)
• A love of food
• Posses a deep understanding and knowledge of all things culinary
• Good people skills
• Basic camera skills
• Wine knowledge would be an asset
• A desire to build a writing career
Note: this not a full-time job. It is also not a posting for a restaurant critic.
Please write the editor expressing your interest. Tell us a bit about yourself and include the reason why you’d like to be an EAT blogger, your expectations, samples of your writing and your resume.