This one came from the handy Mandy mailing list, a very useful little list for anyone in the film industry who may be looking for work, which is a set which generally includes everyone in the film industry. Here are the deets:
How it Works
● Anyone may compete from anywhere in the world.
● There are 2 rounds.
● 1st Round (April 16 – 24, 2010) : Writers are placed randomly in heats. Each heat is assigned a genre and a subject (ex. comedy : competing lemonade stands or horror : a family reunion).
● Writers have 8 days to write an original short screenplay (15 pages max) based on their genre and subject assignment.
● Winners are chosen from the 1st Round to advance to the 2nd round and compete for over $20,000 in cash and prizes.
● 2nd Round (June 4 – 5, 2010) : All of the writers receive the same genre and subject at midnight (EST time) and have just 24 hours to write an original short screenplay (15 pages max.).
● A panel of judges review the final round screenplays and winners are chosen!
To enter, first check out the Fine Print and then register via this link and pay your $49 (no, not cheap, but quite a BIT cheaper than a professional critique, which you’re getting with the entry anyway).
Related articles by Zemanta
- Are You Ready to Write a Screenplay? (slog.thestranger.com)
- Writing Question: What other literary forms have you written? (gointothestory.com)
- $4 Million Writers Block? Not Exactly, but… Hmm. (writeabetternovel.net)