Got this from a friend via Facebook. Temporary (to cover mat leave) full time:
Children’s and Family Literacy Librarian
The Greater Victoria Public Library (GVPL) is an innovative library system with one of the highest per capita usage rates in Canada. Our Vision is to inspire literacy, lifelong learning and community enrichment for all. Serving 315,000 residents in the Greater Victoria area, we provide library service to 10 municipalities. We are currently seeking a temporary, full-time Children’s and Family Literacy Librarian to fill a maternity leave position which we anticipate will conclude in April 2015.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, enthusiastic, creative and flexible individual with exemplary leadership, programming/outreach and customer service skills. The main duties will be related to service to children, families and teens. GVPL is currently undergoing extensive restructuring and review of service delivery. The successful candidate will be flexible about how their duties will evolve as a result of ongoing improvements and role adjustments.
Highlights of requirements:
• Proven programming and outreach skills;
• Proven ability to develop and maintain community partnerships;
• Project management skills;
• Proven leadership and advocacy skills;
• Strong commitment to customer service;
• Knowledge of current trends and best practices in public library services;
• Superior time management and organizational skills;
• Superior written and verbal communication;
• Innovative and flexible;
• Technologically nimble;
• Fosters enthusiasm and teamwork among staff and colleagues.
Required Education and Experience:
• MLS or MLIS from an accredited academic institution;
• Previous library experience in a public services capacity.
For more details: Children’s and Family Literacy Librarian Job Description (PDF)
This is a Union position, with an hourly pay rate of $33.15 – $36.49 plus 13% in lieu of benefits.
Applicants will be required to prepare a written and/or oral assignment.
To apply: Send your résumé and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com outlining how your qualifications, skills, abilities and professional goals match the requirements of the position and GVPL values.
Review of applications begins Monday, May 26, 2014. Potentially start date is early June, 2014; however the competition will remain open until we find the right candidate.