Getting Huffy at the HuffPo
Today we feature a Comment of the Day worthy of being stolen and reposted, again and again (attribution, please, and that means linkie!). It is, of course, my own comment, and it was sparked on Gawker by someone who writes for the Huffington Post complaining that, far from all the hype about “prestige” and “exposure,” writing for the Huffington Post can’t even get her a temp job.
@mimigoliath: Working for the HuffPo just screams “My stuff has zero market value.” I mean for god’s sake, have some pride.
Okay, sorry. The harshness shouldn’t be directed at you, it should be directed at that protean, malevolent slavedriver who runs the place. The Guardian doesn’t pay Comment is Free contributors either.
These are not literary journals. They are blogs with ads on them, making somebody rich.
Related articles by Zemanta
- The Gawker Guide to a Journalism Career, 2010 Edition [Field Guide] (gawker.com)
- Which Blog Mogul’s Life is the Most Valuable? (gawker.com)
- The Daily Beast, Alive and Well 1 Year Later (cuene.typepad.com)
- New Media Rich! (blogworldexpo.com)
- The Huffington Post uses real-time Aa/B testing to write headlines (definitiveink.typepad.com)